What Are Genetic Puzzles?
Genetic Puzzles are a new concept for teaching genetics and molecular biology. With our innovative class sets, students carry out a simulation of a DNA technique or process by building it from colourful molymod® miniDNA® components themselves.
Our accurately scaled representations using the real DNA sequence allow your students to make a link between details of the DNA sequence and higher order features such as genes or promoters.
The basic unit of Genetic Puzzles - the base pair:
- Better understanding of DNA concepts.
- Shows links between apparently unconnected concepts.
- Hands-on and colourful so engaging to students.
- Self guided learning possible so students can repeat or revise at their own pace.
- Students see the importance of DNA sequence.
- Accurate - uses real DNA sequence & developed by PhD molecular biologists.
- Fully reuseable high quality molymod® miniDNA® components.
- Free powerpoints provided saving you preparation time.
- Fast way of covering topics saving you valuable teaching time.
- Can be used in non-lab environment like classroom or tutorial room.
- Easily linked to practical lab work.
All sets include: full instructions, background information and lesson plans.
More about molymod® miniDNA®
Component molymod® and miniDNA® pieces made in England and designed by Spiring Enterprises Limited. UK Design Registration Number: 3008520 United States Design Patent No. US D526,684 S Community Design Registration numbers: 000032446 & 000101621. molymod® and miniDNA® are registered trade marks owned by Spiring Enterprises Limited.
Manuals, teaching guides, images and Powerpoint files are copyright © Discovering DNA Ltd.
Any other questions?
Please feel free to email us at: email@example.com and we will be happy to help!