Help your students to really understand PCR in 3 dimensions.
With this hands-on interactive activity set, your students will build DNA molecules that will show:
- How PCR works at a molecular level
- DNA is synthesized in the 5 to 3 direction
- Primers are used to identify the specific region of DNA to be amplified
- Primers are incorporated into each new copy of DNA
- A binds to T and C binds to G
- And much, much more.
For use with 8 student groups.
Time required: 20 minutes.
All components are reusable. Includes full instructions and class Powerpoint.